Sunday, April 27, 2008

oh where has the time gone??

SOOOO... I promised Yates like a week ago that I would update my blog to give him something to read while he is at work. ;) Here goes....

So a few things have been going on in recent days.

My mom was sick and in the hospital for pain. They finally figured out she has the pain because of gall stones. She will more than likely need surgery to remove her gall bladder.


My friend Rebecca is getting married, in September. I am the Matron of Honour. I am really excited. I got a really beautiful dress for her wedding today too. It is very fancy, and pictured below. The picture is not great, but you can see the back detail:



On the 18th I had my first big gallery opening. It was a blast. I had a lot of fun, and I got a lot of really great feedback about my art. I even got a few business cards. It was a good networking night. Cottle, Ryan, Betty and Papa Hancock came as well as my sister Cheryl, her fiancee Matt and his two sisters, and my in-laws. It was nice to have the support. I really appreciated them being there. I also appreciated all the phone calls of support before the event, especially from Alex. It meant the world to me. I forgot to take my camera so I do not have good photos from the event. What I have I took with my cell phone. I will post them for the hell of it though. Enjoy!




This coming week is finals week. I have a final on Monday, one on Wednesday and one on Friday. I cannot wait to be done with this semester. Then I get a small break until I start back to school on the 12th. Yes, I am taking summer classes. Who needs a break??

Well enjoy the photos and the update. I will try to be better with posting and not go a month in between posts.

1 comment:

Eva said...

can you take pictures of your beeeeautiful artwork, plz???